When most people think of a medical alert system, they immediately think of the elderly. These systems, however, can be useful in a variety of situations. The medical alert industry also refers to these devices as personal emergency response systems (PERS) which appropriately represents the variety of ways it can assist people of all ages.
The most common use of the PERS or medical alert system is for seniors who live alone or spend part of each day alone and want the security of knowing that help is available in the event of an emergency. LifeFone provides a customized care plan for each subscriber allowing them to be in control in the event the button is pushed for assistance.
Medical alert devices are also useful for individuals who are recovering from surgery, in a rehab facility or undergoing physical therapy. These are times when people of all ages are susceptible to falls or situations where help is needed. The peace of mind from knowing help is readily available can help patients recover more quickly as worry and anxiety subside.
Are you a caregiver? Kudos to you because this can be one of the most rewarding yet stressful jobs, both as a career and as a family member caring for a loved one. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to take time away from your duties. But HOW?, you might ask. A medical alert system is a perfect solution for those hours when you simply can’t be there. By providing this service, you’re offering fast response times in the event of an emergency. Because LifeFone offers customized plans, your loved one can ask for medical help or simply that a neighbor stop by.
No matter what your age, you may be a great candidate for a PERS.
- Do you take medication that makes you dizzy and susceptible to a fall or need for medical care?
- Do you live alone and worry about safety from time to time? A medical alert device provides a pendant, worn around the neck that can be pushed at any time in the event you fear a break-in or are happen to fall.
- Are you having a difficult pregnancy and are bedridden? If you’re concerned about getting immediate help in the event of a medical need while pregnant, these devices can offer peace of mind knowing help can be on its way in short order.
- Do you work alone or at night? PERS can be especially useful. What if you fall while at work or injure yourself in some other way? Who will know until morning? With a medical alert device, help is available! Do you work in an area that isn’t especially safe? If you don’t have your cell phone handy or don’t have time to make a call, the push of a button will alert the care agents of your need for assistance.
- Do you use a babysitter? What better solution that to provide the sitter with a PERS? In the event your child is hurt or there is another kind of emergency, pushing the alert button will notify the care agents and based on the care plan you prepare, either medical help will be called or parents will be notified.
Call us at 1-800-882-2280 to discuss how you and your family may benefit from having a medical alert system!
Tags: Medical Alert System
FREE BROCHURE Today!