How it Works
How the LifeFone Emergency Response Service Works
1. Summon Help
Press the personal help button on your pendant, wristband or wall-mounted help button. A signal is sent to a small base unit in your home, and then to the LifeFone monitoring station.
LifeFone’s “On The Go” Service includes a small mobile device that provides GPS (Global Positioning System) services to locate you in case of an emergency away from home. When you press your help button, the mobile device contacts the LifeFone monitoring station, and notifies LifeFone of your location.
LifeFone’s Fall Detection Service includes a pendant which can summon help for you automatically in case of a fall. The Fall Detection Pendant will connect to either the LifeFone base unit or mobile device, which will contact the LifeFone monitoring station for you.
2. Get Immediate Assistance
Your personal Emergency Care Instructions are displayed to the LifeFone Care Agent, who summons help for you. LifeFone will stay in contact until the medical emergency is over.
3. Help Comes to You
LifeFone dispatches your local EMS or a loved one, depending on your situation and personal preferences. We notify your designated family, friends and physicians according to your Emergency Care Instructions.
The LifeFone medical alert service provides a life line to security and offers independence for you and your family. The medical alert system is a step toward preserving your lifestyle without sacrificing safety. LifeFone’s medical alert also provides the quickest response times and most personalized response plan, helping to insure the best outcome in a medical emergency.
LifeFone Personalized Emergency Care Instructions
Our unique Emergency Care Instructions allow subscribers and their family members to customize our response to fit their specific needs. Your LifeFone Care Agent will help you design the right plan for your needs and as your situation changes so will your Emergency Care Instructions. The Emergency Care Instructions include your medical history, medications, allergies, physicians, family members, neighbors, your preferred hospital and more.
LifeFone Moves With You
The LifeFone system can easily move from one location to another, whether you relocate for a week or a season. A simple call to our emergency response center is all it takes to reactivate your system in your new location.
LifeFone Medical Alert System
- Medical Alarm Technology -- LifeFone's high-tech two-way voice base unit allows you to activate the system anywhere in your home up to 480 feet from the base unit.
- Waterproof Help Button -- LifeFone's small, lightweight help button is easy to use, and is monitored by the LifeFone Response Center 24 hours a day. The simple help button can be worn as a pendant or wristband, and there are never any batteries to change.
- Extended Range Protection -- The LifeFone long-range transmitter has the ability to protect subscribers in any direction with protection available for up to 1500 feet. This means protection throughout the home, into the yard and garden.
- 100% Lifetime Warranty -- Every LifeFone unit is backed by our warranty and your LifeFone equipment will be quickly replaced at no charge.
- Battery Back-Up -- In case of a power failure the LifeFone base unit's built-in battery will protect you for up to 32 hours. The LifeFone Response Center is automatically notified of the power failure, and will take action according to your Emergency Care Instructions.
- LifeFone's Remote Phone Answering Feature -- The LifeFone base unit allows you to answer incoming phone calls simply by pressing your pendant button. You can speak to your callers from across the room by activating LifeFone's two-way speaker base unit.
LifeFone's professional Emergency Care Agents are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year -- reducing concerns about personal safety and helping to ensure early intervention and allow seniors to remain independent in their own homes. We provide caring service, security, and peace of mind to seniors, their families and caregivers throughout the United States.
Using the latest in Personal Medical Alert and information technology, along with a personalized response, the LifeFone medical alert service has provided the best outcomes in emergency situations for you since 1976. As a result, the LifeFone medical alert has earned the recommendation of hospitals, area agencies on aging, home health care providers, and geriatric care managers as an integral part of a customer's overall care program.
As soon as the personal medical alarm button is pressed, an instant connection is made to caring and compassionate, trained Emergency Care Agents based in the U.S. Faster response times help to ensure the safest and best possible treatment for a fall, medical emergency or other safety concern. Our Care Agents review each emergency care plan to ensure we follow your wishes. Whether you need immediate medical help or just some assistance from a neighbor, LifeFone is there when you need it.