Medical alert systems provide senior citizens with extended independence within the comfort of their own homes. With help available at the click of a button, seniors can prolong moving in with a loved one or into assisted living by simply wearing a medical alert bracelet or pendant.
With help available at the click of a button, seniors can prolong moving in with a loved one or into assisted living by simply wearing a medical alert bracelet or pendant. Medical alert systems automatically call emergency assistance in the event the button is pushed if the senior citizen becomes ill, suffers a fall or requires any other type of medical or emergency assistance. Within a few short minutes, help is on the way.
- When deciding which medical alert system is right for you or your loved one, conduct a little research on the provider's response center hotline. Not all providers offer 24 hour, 7 day a week service. Medical emergencies occur unexpectedly. Ensure the provider you pick offers 24/7 service so you receive the most effective service available.
- Ask the provider how long the average response time is and what sort of training the response center staff undergo. Have the provider tell you the procedures they take once the medical alert button has been pushed. Make sure to pick a provider that has its own response center as some smaller providers outsource their medical alert response centers to cut costs.
- Seek out personal testimonials regarding the medical alert system you are considering. Ask friends, relatives and neighbors which medical alert system they trust. You will feel more confident in your decision if you find out how happy users are with their current providers.
- Before committing yourself to a medical alert system compare different systems and contact the Better Business Bureau or the state Attorney General's Office to make sure the companies you are looking into have clean records. You can also look online for costumer complaints.
- Find out the installation process of the medical alert system. Usually they can be installed easily by a family member without the help or cost of a professional. Find out if the company you are considering charges extra fees for installation.
- Finally, make good use of the product's money-back guarantee once you purchase your medical alert system. Make sure you can easily hear the emergency response center when prompted and that they respond quickly.
Choosing a medical alert system is an important decision, as it can often be a life saving purchase. Give yourself enough time to research multiple medical alert systems, so you know you are getting exactly what you're looking for. It will be worth the time and effort.